Daoist Tai Chi
Welcome. Have you heard about the Benefits of Daoist Tai Chi – called Lishi?
Lishi is the comprehensive name given to the system. It is based on using relaxed, tension free exercises to develop our energy (Qi).
We welcome all 18-91 year olds. We have the oldest student in the contry (90 years old) at our Leeds classes. Worried that you have no experience of Daoist Tai Chi? The first Saturday each month is a beginners' class, please come along and have a try.
Six week taster course April 2018:
On Saturday 14th April we will be starting a special six week session to welcome beginners and past “Tried it but didn’t get back” people.
Why not sign up for a six week course for £30.00 (normally £7.00/week)?
Over the six weeks we will cover the following exercises; Dao Yin (special movements with focussed breathing), Kai Men (Chinese Yoga), special partner exercises and Tai Chi Forms.
9am to 10.15am “Easy does it!”
10.15 to 10.45am “A little more dynamic”.
Bring a friend – It’s worth getting up for on a Saturday
Come along or for more information/book your place. Call Phil 07921100188
We have built up a group of regulars from the local area but we are very happy to welcome people on holiday, staying in the area or visiting for the day.
The benefits of Daoist exercise systems are phenomenal and if you are looking to improve your health, fitness, confidence or well-being in any way, then you are lucky to be reading this webpage. Click here for more details about Lishi or click the link below. Or find us on Facebook at Lishi Tai Chi Thornton le Dale
Our classes and courses are friendly and welcoming with people of all ages and abilities. You are very welcome and are guaranteed to have fun, so if you think this could be for you, come along. All you need is loose comfortable clothing (e.g. tracksuit bottoms, T-shirt and trainers).
About the classes:
- From 9.00am to 10.30am, each Saturday (cost: £7.00)
- At Thornton Dale Village Hall, Pickering Road, Thornton le Dale, YO18 7LG
- Note: There is an alternative venue, when motor auctions are on, at the Methodist Chapel Hall , Maltongate, Thornton Dale YO18 7RJ
- In the summer of 2017 we are tried some outdoor sessions in the beautiful gardens of the Cosy Nook Tea Rooms Ellerburn YO18 7LL. These were very well received. The Cosy Nook sessions started at 9.30am (until 11.00am) and include a cup of tea/coffee. We may try these again during 2018 and will publish the dates on this page
The dates for Spring/Summer 2018 are:
- 2 and 9 June Village Hall
- 16 and 23 June NO CLASS
- 30 June Methodist Hall
- 7, 14, 21 and 28 July Village Hall
- 4 August Village Hall
- 11 August Methodist Hall
- 18 August Village Hall
- 25 August Methodist Hall
- 1 & 8 September Villlage Hall
- 15 September Methodist Hall
- 22 & 29 September Village Hall
Files to download
Daoist Tai Chi
Thornton Le Dale Village Hall Pickering Road
Thornton Le Dale
Phone: 01904 415240