Daoist Tai Chi
Welcome. Have you heard about the Benefits of Daoist Tai Chi – called Lishi?
Lishi is the comprehensive name given to the system. It is based on using relaxed, tension free exercises to develop our energy (Qi).
We welcome all 18-91 year olds. We have the oldest student in the contry (90 years old) at our Leeds classes. Worried that you have no experience of Daoist Tai Chi?
Come along - you are sure of a warm welcome ... Why not bring a friend?
It’s worth getting up for on a Saturday!
For more information/book your place. Call Phil 07921100188
We have built up a group of regulars from the local area but we are very happy to welcome people on holiday, staying in the area or visiting for the day.
The benefits of Daoist exercise systems are phenomenal and if you are looking to improve your health, fitness, confidence or well-being in any way, then you are lucky to be reading this webpage. Click here for more details about Lishi or click the link below. Or find us on Facebook at Lishi Tai Chi Thornton le Dale
Our classes and courses are friendly and welcoming with people of all ages and abilities. You are very welcome and are guaranteed to have fun, so if you think this could be for you, come along. All you need is loose comfortable clothing (e.g. tracksuit bottoms, T-shirt and trainers).
About the classes:
- From 9.00am to 10.30am, each Saturday (cost: £7.00 per individual sessi
- At Thornton Dale Village Hall, Pickering Road, Thornton le Dale, YO18 7LG
- Note: There is an alternative venue, when motor auctions are on, at the Methodist Chapel Hall , Maltongate, Thornton Dale YO18 7RJ
- In summer months we sometimes have outdoor sessions in the beautiful gardens of the Cosy Nook Tea Rooms Ellerburn YO18 7LL. These have been very well received. The Cosy Nook sessions started at 9.30am (until 11.00am) and included a cup of tea/coffee. We may try these again during 2019 and will publish the dates on this page
The dates for the first half of 2019 are:
- 9 February Methodist Hall
- 16 & 23 February 2019 - Village Hall
- 2, 9 & 16 March 2019 - Village Hall
- 23 March NO CLASS
- 30 March 2019 - Village Hall
- 6, 13 & 20 April 2019 - Village Hall
- 27 April 2019 - Methodist Hall
- 4, 11, 18 & 25 May 2019 - Village Hall
- 1 & 8 June 2019 - Methodist Hall
- 15, 22 & 29 June 2019 - Village Hall
Files to download
Daoist Tai Chi
Thornton Le Dale Village Hall Pickering Road
Thornton Le Dale
Phone: 01904 415240