Welcome to the Scarecrow Festival page. .
We are delighted to announce that we are back for 2022:
- Saturday 30th & Sunday 31st July 2022.
- The theme is 'Any children's TV programme character from 1952 to today'
- A great deal of work had started for 2020's festival with lots of new characters being prepared. These were kept and more have been added!
- 2019 was a roaring success! See the photos at the bottom of the page
- Click here to see Video of the photos the music on this video is played by Thornton Le Dale Ukuleles from their CD
The festival takes place over the weekend around the village 'Scarecrow Trail'. There are at least 50 scarecrows on the trail around the pond and the village. There are also more around the village in general to see. Scroll down the page and you will see photograhs of previous scarecrows. There is plenty of car parking space in the heart of the village, with very easy access for wheel chairs etc. Why not join us, to enjoy the walk around our Scarecrow Trail and to see our lovely village? SatNavs - use post code YO18 7SD for the entrance to the car park (which is on Maltongate).
At the festival there are Trail Maps, with a free Prize draw. There will be lots going on on the green and around the village. The objective of the Scarecrow group is to give any surplus of funds to local good causes.
We are looking forward to seeing you