PLEASE SEE ATTACHED DOCUMENTS FOR COVID-19 INFORMATION AND UPDATES - PLUS INFORMATION ON THIS PAGE BELOW
This section of the website is designed to bring you useful information about Thornton le Dale and its Parish Council.
The aim of the Parish Council is to be a focal point for local consultation on matters that effect the Parish of Thornton le Dale and its residents. Public participation is very important to us, if you are unable to find what your looking for on these pages or would like to add your views about local issues, please get in touch. All the necessary contact details can be found under the ‘contact’ section in the column to the left.
Using this website the Parish Council aims to bring you up to date information including, agendas, minutes, planning applications, elections, essential services, the cemetery, allotments and much more. Our aim is to make it easier for you, the residents, to access information that matters to you.
We also provide you with information on Thornton le Dale’s Parish Plan. The Parish Plan enables a village to define the needs of its community and we hope residents get involved by adding their views on what is important to them and to the Parish of Thornton le Dale.
The Parish Council has 7 members and meets on the first Tuesday of each month in the Hill Memorial Institute at 7.30pm. Any changes to times and dates of meetings are advertised on the Parish Council notice board, which is located on the front of the Memorial Institute. We will of course put all such announcements on this site when our pages are complete. All Council meetings are open to the public and press so there are lots of ways you can get involved with your Parish Council.
We have a page with some useful contacts for reporting general items:
- Click here for our page of links for reporting problems.
- NYCC: email firstname.lastname@example.org or NYCC telephone 01609 780780
Ryedale District Council http://www.ryedale.gov.uk
There is a standing item on every Council and Committee agenda headed 'Declaration of Interests'. This item reminds Members of their responsibility to declare any personal and/or prejudicial interest which they may have in an item of business on the agenda either at the beginning of the discussion or when the interest becomes apparent and, in the case of personal and prejudicial interests (subject to certain exceptions in the Council's Code of Conduct for Members), to leave the meeting prior to discussion and voting on the item. More information (including how to report any concerns) can be found at the Ryedale District Council Website (click here)
To view the current Councillors' Declarations of Interest Click Here
The Clerk to the Parish Council has a Contract of Employment and a Job Description. Click here to view this.
We look forward to working with you to make the Parish of Thornton le Dale an even better place to live.
NOTICE: COVID-19 - THE COUNCIL HAVE CONSIDERED ALL OF THE GOVERNMENT ADVICE AND STIPULATIONS IN REGARD TO SOCIAL DISTANCING AND SELF ISOLATION RELATING TO THE CURRENT COVID-19 SITUATION. AS A RESULT OF THIS THERE WILL NOT BE A PARISH COUNCIL MEETING IN APRIL.
ALL PARISH COUNCIL MEETINGS HAVE BEEN SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE - AWAITING FURTHER CLARIFICATION FROM GOVERNMENT BODIES
For Government information and updates in regard to Covid-19 (CoronaVirus) please see the Government web site - here is the link https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus and the NHS web site https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
You can still get in touch with the Parish Counciil through the normal channels by emailing the Parish Clerk - email@example.com, telephone 01751 477985, or postal address PO Box 92, Pickering, North Yorkshire, YO18 9AT
The Village Hub Group are putting help in place for Villagers, please see the below information supplied by the Hub Group:
Are you in Need of Help?
If any of you are in need of help please do let us know by whatever method you prefer and we will do our utmost to put you in touch with someone who can help.
The appropriate Hub contact points you could use are:
Hub Telephone: 07826 595048
Facebook: tldvillagehub or https://www.facebook.com/tldvillagehub
We are not aiming to duplicate the help and services already in place through Government agencies, Local Government, NHS, pharmacies or local businesses, but rather to fill in the gaps and provide a local point of reference.
What is Underway
So far we have the following initiatives underway:
1) A "Thornton Dale COVID-19" WhatsApp group has been set up which shares information and can be used to respond to calls for help. For example, we have already acted on a plea for help to collect an iPad from an outlying village for repair in Thornton-le-Dale and return it, which was essential as it was the key communication method for a self isolating person's disabled child
Please do join this group via the link:
2) The Thornton-Le-Dale pharmacy prescription delivery service is now at full capacity. We have offered to collect and deliver where the person is unable to do so themselves.
3) We are drafting a leaflet to go out to all village households to offer our help to those most in need - as the isolation period extends this may be as simple as offering a phone call to keep in touch with someone who is on their own and feeling scared about what is happening in the world.
4) The Hub's Facebook page (see link above) is being used to disseminate information e.g. scams that are beginning to arise.
5) We will endeavour to contact those people on our contact list who we cannot contact via this email (i.e. we only have a telephone contact number for them).
If you are interested, there is also the "Ryedale Covid19 Help Network" which is also helping to coordinate things across Ryedale: