Thornton Le Dale Village Hall
Welcome to Thornton Le Dale Village Hall’s webpage.
Please read this important message from the Management Committee:
The Village Hall has been fitted with the necessary equipment, one way system, signage etc. in accordance with 'Covid 19 Secure Premises' requirements. Full Risk Assessments have been carried with respect to the premises in accordance with A.C.R.E. guidelines and additional procedures have been written.
Groups/individuals hiring the Hall can do so provided that Government Guidelines, for the activity concerned, are followed.
Users must follow the Hall's procedures (e.g. cleaning before and after sessions etc.) and must complete (and have approved) a Risk Assessment covering their activities whilst using the Hall. Please contact the booking Secretary, Ann Naylor, for further information at firstname.lastname@example.org
We hope you and your family stay well, and we look forward to seeing you all in happier and healthier times.
Thornton Le Dale village hall (Registered Charity no 1109170) is located on Pickering Road YO18 7LG in Thornton Le Dale and is on a main bus route. The hall was built as a gift by the Baldwin Family is 1937 and is run as a charity by volunteers from Thornton Le Dale who manage the facility for use of residents, local communities and anyone who wishes to use the hall.
- We had planned an open day in April, but this has been postponed until 2021 click here to see a message from the chair of the hall committee
Thornton Le Dale village hall normally hold regular events throughout the year including Pilates, Yoga, Line Dancing (Beginners, Intermediate and Advanced), Women’s Institute, Yoga, Karate and Indoor bowls.
Thornton Le Dale village hall comprises of a main hall (30’ x 60’) and comfortably seats up to 200 people, a carpeted Committee Room (19’ x 20’) which comfortably seats up to 30 people. There is a kitchen, a car park to the rear of the building and a large lawn area which can hold a marquee if required.
Facilities at Thornton Le Dale village hall
- Toilets including a disabled toilet
- 3 entrances
- Disabled access by a 4th/5th Entrance
- Car park
- Large lawn area that can hold a marquee if required
- Main hall (30 by 60ft)
- Committee room (19 by 20ft)
- Fire alarms
- Small amount of crockery and cutlery
- Equipment to hire at a cost
- Ceiling Mounted Computer Projector and wall mounted screen (see photos)
Thornton Le Dale village hall can be hired for your occasions, weddings, engagements, birthday parties, company get - togethers, group activities and many more why not contact us to come and have a look around the hall or to book your occasion.
What’s on at Thornton Le Dale village hall?....
- Boules Court in the Hall gardens - come and have a game - you can borrow boules
- Pilates - Monday mornings 11-12 main hall
- Line Dancing – Tuesday pm – 2 to 4pm
- W.I – 2nd Tuesday of the month 7pm except June and August
- Yoga – Wednesday pm – 1 to 3pm
- Line Dancing – Wednesday evenings – 6 to 10pm (Beginners 6pm – 7.30pm)
- Karate – Sunday evenings – 6.30pm to 9pm
- Indoor bowls – Thursday all day and Sunday mornings (winter only)
- Thornton Dale village Hall meeting – 7.30pm, first Monday of the month
- Thornton Dale Ukuleles - Tuesday Mornings - see Thornton le Dale Ukuleles
- Table Top Sales - Sundays - See the main What's On Page for details
For more information on the village hall or when the hall is free to book please contact our Bookings Officer via email Annnaylor@aol.com
Files to download
Thornton Le Dale Village Hall
Thornton Dale Village Hall, Pickering Road
Phone: 0 Please email in the first in