Thornton le Dale all in a ‘Spin’ for Martin House Hospice for Children and Young People
Annual Thornton-le-Dale Spinride raises £5000
Held on Saturday 5th May, the day that The Tour de Yorkshire passed through the village the annual Spinride raised the magnificent total of £5000 for Martin Hospice for Children and Young People and local charities.
On behalf of the organisers, Roger Sharples stated:
- Thank you to everybody who took part, running stalls, to the riders and their sponsors.
- Thanks to all the local businesses for their support
- It was a great Community effort, involving all ages and above everything else was a fun event
As well as the Spinride there were a number of stalls on the Village Green and an auction in the evening, including:
- live music on the village green,
- hog roast,
- glitter face painting,
- cake stall,
- best dressed bike competition