All Saints Church
All Saints Church is a Grade 2 listed building, standing prominently on a hill, immediately alongside the A170 Pickering to Scarborough road, and overlooking the picturesque village of Thornton Dale.
The present building, largely 14th century, is unusual in that, apart from the chancel, the main body of the Church is completely of that period known as the 'decorated' style of architecture. The chancel was completely rebuilt in 1865/6.
The church is open in the hours of daylight and you are welcome to visit look and pray.
The church and its people are there to give praise to God and to help each other explore and learn about the Christian faith and its meaning for their lives. It is also there to serve the whole community - encouraging us all to live in a truly humane way and caring for those in need.
The church is lead by the Rector, Churchwardens and Parochial Church Council assisted by some retired clergy and lay members of the congregation.
People, Groups and Activities
- There are about 130 people on our electoral roll (i.e. members who can elect the PCC). There are a number of Groups within the congregation.
- The Choir lead the singing in worship led by the organist and choir master.
- The Pastoral Group take communion to people confined to their homes and at the Hall Residential Home and visit the sick at home and in hospital.
- The Mothers Union hold monthly meetings some social some for prayer and learning and support marriage and family life.
- The All Saints Mens Group meets for social events and for discussion and debate over a wide range of topics secular and religious.
- Food for Thought is a joint group with people from the Methodist Chapel that meets for study and prayer on Christian Themes around Lent and Advent time.
1st Sunday 8.00am Holy Communion (Book of Common Prayer) and 11.00am Common Worship
2nd Sunday 11.00am Sung Eucharist (Common Worship)
3rd Sunday 8.00am Holy Communion (Book of Common Prayer)
4th Sunday 11.00am Sung Eucharist (CW)
5th Sunday 10.00am Common Worship and 11:00am Benefice Eucharist in one of the five churches see notice board
Wednesdays 10:00 am Holy Communion Common Worship
Baptisms, Weddings, Funerals Contact the ChurchWardens
Flower Festival June 2016
In June 2016 we held a very succcessful Flower Festival. Click here to see photographs of this superb event.
Are you thinking of getting Married or having a Service of Thanksgiving for the Gift of a Child? If so please go to the Benefice Page for more information.
All Saints Church
Sandra Lear, Church Warden
Phone: 01751 474244